Nearest airport to Galapagos Islands
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Baltra Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services.and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Claiming luggage on arrival was a free for all. They lay the luggage out under a pavillion and then open the gates and the crowd rushes in to get their luggage! It was crazy! - snkrsalab
by a traveller
September 2014 - Small but touristic airport. Only souvenir shops and not much to do. Hard to get to and from the airport as it is on an island. No overnight stay. Next real town (with affordable prices) is 1.5h away. Not possible to stay at or around the airport.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Baltra airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- - Some of the deluxe category boats and Santa Cruz hotels use this for its guests. Location: Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 3:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 30 - Arriving passengers or US$ 18 - Departing Passengers) • Priority Pass.
WiFi is available in the VIP Lounge.
There are no hotels at Baltra airport and is highly unlikely that the military will allow you to sleep here. You will have to take the ferry back to Santa Cruz Island and then board the bus back to Puerto Ayora. Here are a few of the more economical hotel options based on Tripadvisor reviews:
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in Puerto Ayora on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafe located landside.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open from 8:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.
- Granite showrooms near me saint louis granite.