Galapagos Islands Travel
Visit the Galapagos Islands to be transported into another world, a rocky landscape stripped of most vegetation but bursting with wildlife, including sea lions, penguins, marine iguanas and giant tortoises. Because of the island’s exalted status as the inspiration behind Charles Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection, many natural historians travel to the Galapagos Islands.
Things Not to Miss in the Galapagos Islands
• Taking a day cruise around the archipelago
• Snorkeling in the islands’ surrounding waters, which are teeming with vibrant sea life
• Diving at Darwin and Wolfe islands
• Hiking in the National Park
• Taking a biking tour, which gives visitors a solid understanding of the islands’ geography and formation
• Surfing off one of the Galapagos Islands’ many beaches
When to Go to the Galapagos Islands
The archipelago’s climate is good for wildlife viewing year-round, so make your Galapagos Islands travel plans at your leisure. However, keep in mind that temperatures do vary drastically throughout the year. December to June is the islands’ hot season - temperatures typically hover in the mid-80s - while June to November brings cooler, windier weather with temperatures peaking in the low-70s.
More About Galapagos Islands
- Right about now, you’re checking out your kids’ school calendar and wondering how to transform their week of vacation into fun for the whole family. ... Read More
- “Rajasthan has fascinating extremes: preciousness and poverty, monumental architecture, and astonishing crafts.” —Angela Missoni, fashion designer ... Read More
- Adventures in Conservation
Where do adventure travel, philanthropy, and 700-thread-count sheets meet?Lots of unexpected—and beautiful—places, thanks to the new alliance between... Read More