Amazon and Galapagos Tours
Travel to the lungs of the earth; vibrant, lush & pulsing with life
An Amazon rainforest tour is a great way to extend your Galapagos trip. This offers you the opportunity to experience a completely different environment and culture. Add just 4 to 5 days onto your total trip in a comfortable and remote Amazon rainforest lodge.
Ecuadorian rainforest is easy to access
A short spectacular flight from Quito plus a couple of hours in a motor canoe and you can be nestled into the Ecuadorian Amazon. Explore with local guides and learn about the indigenous rainforest way of life.
Choose your level of comfort, activity and trip length
If you have less than 4 days to add onto your Galapagos trip consider a couple of days in the Cloud forest or the Andes instead of the Amazon.
With more than 4-5 days to add onto your Galapagos trip you might consider a trip to Machu Picchu and the Peruvian Amazon.
Things to do in the Amazon rainforest
Quick facts about the Amazon rainforest
Advantages of being in the rainforest during the wetter months
- Smaller tributaries are open and clear for easy canoe travel
- Wildlife tends to be more active and easier to spot
- There tend to be less other travelers
- Better season for lodge based accommodations vs camping
Advantages of doing a rainforest tour during the drier months
- Drier conditions for hiking on trails
- More light for photography
- In drier conditions there is typically more bird life at clay licks
- Flowering plant species more readily available to see, especially in the shoulder season
Contact us to learn more about adding an Amazon rainforest extension to your Galapagos islands journey.